Self-Esteem Group Therapy Philadelphia, PA
What does your self-talk sound like? It’s common for people to talk down on themselves when upset, angry, or stressed and in turn, have even lower self-esteem.
- Are you your most prominent critic?
- Are you tearing yourself down?
- Are you mean to yourself when something goes wrong?
It can feel natural to beat ourselves up when we make a mistake. However, what would happen if we instead chose kindness, support, and compassion?
- Do you want to show yourself compassion and empathy?
- Do you want to be your best cheerleader?
- Do you want to care for yourself in a way that no one else can?
In this self-esteem therapy group, you will learn the basics of self-compassion and how to increase it to support a more positive and mindful inner dialogue with yourself. You will explore your own self-esteem and negative self-talk patterns, how they affect you, and ways to shift or reframe them to be more helpful for you.
This self-esteem group therapy is for adults in the Philadelphia and Greater Philadelphia, PA area who want to build a better relationship with themselves and take steps to improve compassion, mindfulness, and self-talk skills.
How Our Self-Esteem Group Therapy Will Help
Through educational information and experiential learning, members of our self-esteem therapy group will:
- Gain an understanding of what self-compassion is
- Identity your own self-compassion successes and challenges
- Learn to shift negative, self-critical, and harsh self talk to be more affirming, positive, and supportive
- Learn mindfulness skills
- Explore self-esteem and ways to challenge negative self-esteem and improve healthy esteem
- Be witnessed in your change by others who are working through similar challenges
- Feel the power of group change and group work
In this self-esteem therapy group, your therapists will create an environment where, together, members can learn more about their individual experiences with self-esteem and process the experience of making their inner voice a helpful and compassionate one.
Logistics of the Group
Dates: Mondays, May 16th- July 18th, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Length: 8 weeks, We will NOT be meeting on Memorial Day (May 30th) or July 4th
Fee: – $50 per person – $400 total , paid upfront
Location: in-person, 123 S. Broad St., Suite 1835 Philadelphia, PA 19109
Details: Once this group is established and started, no new members will be allowed to join the group. This helps keep safety for existing members to share and be vulnerable week-to-week. The group will start with psychoeducation around self-esteem and mindfulness. The group will end in experiential, process-oriented shifts.